Oral Hygiene Program Odenton MD
Good dental hygiene leads to better oral health – and better overall health.
Taking care of your teeth and gums is essential not only to prevent cavities and gum disease, but also to prevent health problems that affect the entire body. At our Odenton dental office, we recommend a program of oral hygiene for all our patients.
- Brush twice a day and floss or use an interdental cleaner once a day.
- An antimicrobial mouth rinse or toothpaste can prevent gingivitis.
- Schedule regular dental checkups and periodontal screenings.
- Follow your physician’s instructions about diet and medications.
Periodontal disease (or gum disease) affects more than your mouth and teeth. Studies show that gum disease also has links to other diseases:
- An increased risk of stroke
- Respiratory infection from mouth bacteria breathed into the lungs
- Heart disease and clotting problems
- Reduction in bone mass
- Premature and low birth weight babies
Dental hygiene is about your entire body’s health – plus a beautiful smile.
Your Teeth Deserve Exceptional Care
A dental exam allows Dr. Gasbara to evaluate your oral hygiene. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!