IV Sedation, Odenton MD
About Sedation Dentistry
Sedation – from light to deep – provides an extra level of comfort to dental patients.
Years ago, dentists used IV (intravenous)sedation almost exclusively to extract wisdom teeth. The same technique is now used to provide comfort for the full range of dental treatments – from cleanings and fillings to root canals and oral surgery.
Benefits of IV Sedation
IV sedation is an ideal, comfortable way to receive dental care for many reasons:
- It enables patients suffering from dental anxiety to get the treatment they need.
- Patients can better tolerate long visits and extensive treatment when sedated. (Sedation can often mean one trip to the dentist rather than multiple visits.)
- Sedation provides a calm experience for patients with developmental disabilities.
- Oral surgery, including wisdom teeth extraction, is more comfortable under sedation.
Dr. Mark Gasbara has made a 25-year commitment to patient comfort.
Dr. Gasbara is certified by the Maryland State Dental Board as an IV sedation dentist. In addition, he keeps his skills and knowledge of technology current with 25 hours of continuing education every year.
- In almost all cases, you will be awake, but comfortable during IV sedation.
- After you are sedated, you will also have a local anesthetic.
- You will be able to go home after the procedure (but someone else should drive).
- As a safety precaution, your blood pressure and heart rate will be constantly monitored.
- Most people, from teens to senior citizens, are eligible for IV sedation.
Ready to make an appointment? Call 410-551-4600 to make an appointment or request an appointment online.
At our Odenton, Maryland, dental office, we are fully committed to patient comfort. Call for an appointment or contact us by email if you have questions.